In the Aude, home to four of the Group's operating sites, two quarries and our R&D centre, we donated all the replacement roof tiles for the Abbaye de Lagrasse for free.

Background


The origins of the Abbaye de Lagrasse date back to the eighth century. Over time it fell into disrepair, and records from the mid-19th century onwards attest to its poor condition. Work on its renovation began in 1932, but the pace increased after 2004, when the abbatial buildings (other than the church) were acquired by the General Council of the département of the Aude and a major renovation and refurbishment programme was begun.

Action


The Abbaye de Lagrasse is located in the Aude, which is also home to four of the Group's operating sites, two quarries and our R&D centre. As a committed participant in local life and a maker of terracotta tiles of the high quality needed for a historical monument, we donated all the tiles used in the renovation of the abbey's roofs for free.