staff as at 31 December 2014
The Bavent plant is located in the canton of Cabourg, 15 km east of Caen, and has two production lines. It sources clay from two quarries, one of which is on site and the other at Neuilly-La Forêt.
Bavent and its sister plant at Les Mureaux near Paris form the Tiles North Cluster.
1842: Foundation of a plant making ceramic pottery and finials (referred to as "Le Pré d'Auge") by incomers from Burgundy.
1967: Production units built for plain roof tiles in which tiles are pressed and placed on trays automatically.
1998: New plant built
2004: Introduction of a pressing line to manufacture plain tiles.
Site Director: Jean-Luc Régnier