hectares – total site area
First built in 1855, the Lasbordes unit makes terracotta structural products. It is one of only a few plants in the world to make terracotta monolith pieces up to 2.8 m in length.
Located between Castelnaudary and Carcassonne, the site has two production units and one transformation unit: Lasbordes Haut (LSH), built in 1960, Lasbordes Bas (LSB), built in 1982 and Lasbordes Transformation, built in 2000.
The Lasbordes plant and the Colomiers plant near Toulouse together form the Bricks Cluster.
1855: Plant founded by Pierre Guiraud as a workshop for the handcrafting of barrel tiles and bricks.
1929: Construction of the first Hoffmann continuous fire kiln
1967: Construction of a rapid dryer and tunnel kiln
1983: Second unit built to manufacture floor-height bricks
1994: First chimney flues produced.
2000: Processing workshop for monolith products set up.
2004: Rectification line comes into service.
Director of the Bricks Cluster: Eric Ledour
Three production lines for terracotta structural products: