Built in 1907 in this traditional tile-making town, the Roumazières site is the largest in the Group.

It houses 7 production lines for terracotta tiles and fittings (UT7, UT8, UT9, UT4-1, UT4-2, UD6-1 and UD6-2), a moulds service, a maintenance section, a quality control laboratory, a raw materials use division and a training centre.

The quarries are located 10 km from the plant – almost 500,000 tons of clay are extracted every year.

Roumazières forms part of Terreal's Centre region, along with Chasseneuil sur Bonnieure in the Charente and Montpon in the Dordogne

Key dates

1907: The Tuilerie Coopérative Française is founded by Father Marcellin, parish priest of Roumazières, with capital provided by his parishioners.

1933: Fire destroys part of the plant.

1945: Plant rebuilt by Pierre Maury Laribière, majority shareholder and chairman of the board of directors. The firm takes the name TBF (Tuilerie Briqueterie Française).

1965: Modernisation of the plant: installation of a four mould tile press, a Keller chamber dryer and a Dutreux tunnel kiln.

1980: Installation of the UD6 fittings production line expands the scope of the business. 

1994: The automated pilot unit UT4-1 starts production.

2001: Production begins on the UD6-2 automated fittings unit.


Site Director: Bruno Hocdé


RN 141

16270 Roumazières-Loubert

Tel. : 05 45 71 80 00 

Fax : 05 45 71 80 10

Key Figures


staff as at 1 January 2015


Specialised fittings production unit using innovative technology


(1994) and UT4.2 (1997) are automated production units, employing rapid flat firing on unitary supports


(1989) is a specific line for enamelling and satin-finishing tiles and fittings


m² – total site area


was the first unit to be automated (1978)


(1986): flexible tile and fittings unit


m² – surface area of buildings


tonnes – annual production capacity


is an exact copy of UT7 (1980)