tonnes of products made per year
Built in 1970, the Saint-Martin plant was officially opened by future French president Jacques Chirac, the then Minister of Industry. At the time, the plant had the largest kiln in Europe, producing up to 1000 tons of hollow bricks a day. In 1990, the plant was converted into a tile plant specialising in the production of Grands Moules du Sud tiles.
Located between Castelnaudary and Saint-Papoul, the Saint-Martin plant is part of the Tiles South cluster, along with the Le Ségala and Castelnaudary plants.
1970: Construction of the plant, featuring what was the largest tunnel kiln in Europe.
1990: Brickworks converted to tile production
2005: New kiln built